The position of Assistant Teacher consists of aiding the classroom teacher in daily classroom operations as needed.
The Assistant Teacher reports directly to the director but is supervised by the Classroom and Lead Teachers.
– 6 units of Early Childhood Education (ECE) or is currently enrolled in ECE classes
– High School Diploma
– Must hold a current pediatric first aid care issued by the Red Cross, CPR certification,
– Current on all vaccines including TB, MMR, DTAP and the flu shot
– Fingerprint and background clearance
– Maintains a commitment to professionalism through his/her appearance and or dress
– Displays a positive and Christ like attitude and personality in the classroom and with families, and has a genuine love and concern for the children in their class, and their families
– Walking, standing, bending and carrying of small objects up to 50 pounds
– Arrive on time for work or contact the center when delayed
– Be reliable in attendance and give ample notice for absences
– Approach criticism with a learning attitude
– Communicate directly and avoid gossip
– Flexibility- The ability to adjust to and thrive in a complex and changing environment, handle setbacks and failures with Professionalism and candor. Effectively and appropriately respond in the face of adversity or conflict
– Demonstrate honesty, integrity and commitment to confidentiality
– Approach challenges with imagination and a sense of humor
– Create a welcoming, positive environment by:
- Being friendly, warm and affectionate
- Using appropriate voice and tone
- Actively engage with parents and visitors
– Actively involved during the day, as well as outdoor and Discovery room activities (not sitting in one spot and/or socializing)
– Assists the Classroom Teacher in maintaining attendance records and class ratios
– Assists the Classroom teacher in documenting and assessing each child’s development and needs by compiling documentation on behavior, artwork, photographs and other details as needed for the child’s portfolio.
– Assist the Classroom Teacher with preparing the classroom bulletin board as needed
– Supervises the bathroom and toileting needs of the children in the class.
– Assists the Classroom Teacher in making copies of curriculum materials, newsletters, announcements and reminders as needed.
– Assists in serving “Self Serve” snack by acquiring required materials.
– Preparing classroom cleaning solutions (bleach and water) fresh for each day
– Maintains sanitary measures in disinfecting tables and chairs before and after snack and whenever necessary
– Maintains sanitary measures by sweeping, vacuuming or putting materials away daily
– Fulfils any other function that might be necessary to assure the smooth and compliant operation of the center.
– Supervising students while they are napping.
©2018 little learners exploration academy