Full Time Roaming Teacher
The position of roaming preschool teacher consists of entering into classrooms with the purpose of overseeing related classroom learning activities that are designed to promote social, physical, emotional, cognitive and language growth. This role also includes communicating with the classroom teacher to take over supervising and teaching preschool students with love and passion, ensuring compliance with program requirements.
The roaming preschool teacher reports directly to the Master and Classroom teacher.
– 12 complete core units in ECE and 1 year teaching experience
– Must hold a current pediatric first aid care issued by the Red Cross, CPR certification, completed 16 hours of health, safety and nutrition training or attend trainings prior to school commencing
– Current on all vaccines including TB, MMR, DTAP and the flu shot
– Fingerprint and background clearance
– Basic computer skills
– Ability to assist teacher in maintaining accurate records
– Problem solving skills
– Walking, standing, bending and carrying of small objects up to 50 pounds
– Arrive on time for work or contact the center when delayed
– Be reliable in attendance and give ample notice for absences
– Approach criticism with a learning attitude
– Communicate directly and avoid gossip
– Flexibility- The ability to adjust to and thrive in a complex and changing environment, handle setbacks and failures with Professionalism and candor. Effectively and appropriately respond in the face of adversity or conflict
– Demonstrate honesty, integrity and commitment to confidentiality
– Approach challenges with imagination and a sense of humor
– Create a welcoming, positive environment by:
- Being friendly, warm and affectionate
- Using appropriate voice and tone
- Actively engage with parents and visitors
– Excellent communication skills, verbal and written with parents and children
– Excellent classroom management skills and use of developmentally appropriate
– Displays a positive and Christ-like attitude and personality in the classroom and with families, and has a genuine love and concern for the children in the center, and their families.
– Responsible for the planning and implementation of the approved curriculum. Including but not limited to:
- Take over all classroom and teacher responsibilities when acting as a substitute
- Assist in arranging the physical environment of the home classroom
- Updating the readiness board for the beginning of each week
- Supporting the classroom activities such as in house fieldtrips, parent days and preschool events (graduation, musicals)
– Assimilating arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities that are of interest to them.
– Complete and turn in shift switch forms to admin
– Plan and attend the back to school picnic
– Freely and frequently approach parents to welcome and discuss student growth.
– Assist teacher in completing the dailies on Brightwheel and send to parents at the close of each day
– Inform parents of illness and behavior incidents occurring while in your care through filling out the appropriate forms immediately and sending home.
– Conversating with students throughout the day in both structured and unstructured settings.
– The roaming teacher shall be responsible for supervision of classroom activities that she is scheduled to be in. This shall include but is not limited to:
- Leading students through the hallway using safe and age appropriate techniques on their way to the Discovery Lands
- Promoting intentional play and discovery in each land that corresponds to
concepts being learned in the curriculum.
- Organizing and leading activities designed to promote developmental growth
- Assisting teacher in classroom assessments
Supporting Classroom Teacher:
– These duties will include but are not limited to:
- Releasing Classroom Teacher and commencing in taking over classroom duties as the Classroom teacher
- Count number of students in each class when entering and exiting
- Be familiar with Classroom teacher’s lesson plans
- Aid in posting a written schedule of daily activities, rules and guidelines that are pertinent to staff and parents
- Aid in posting the weekly lesson plan and newsletter for parents to have access to.
- Log any necessary experiences with parents in teacher binder.
- Checking original application/registration forms to note any special needs, fears, allergies, or other information and be aware of slated plans of action for meeting these specific needs.
- Assisting in taking and sending a daily photo of student or class on Brightwheel to parents
- Assisting in maintaining pictographic and portfolio files for each student for
- Evaluating and observing children performance and behavior in social, cognitive and physical health.
– The teacher will follow the centers agreed upon policy for discipline.
– Encourage enforcement of rules for behavior in the class as laid out by the Classroom Teacher
– The roaming teacher shall fulfill other duties as deemed necessary by the Director and Classroom Teacher. Including but not limited to:
- Assisting in updating classroom boards every new theme
- Assisting in correcting any items found to be out of compliance in the Title 22 check list
- Maintaining clean, safe and sanitary classroom and discovery rooms
- Maintaining a safe napping area
©2018 little learners exploration academy